Sharing Culture Online
Sharing Culture Online
is an innovative new teaching and learning system that gives all
students, regardless of their ethnic background or age, the opportunity
to learn about and engage in the rich diversity of Australian Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Island cultures. Sharing Culture Online supports Indigenous students to learn, appreciate, celebrate and engage with their culture, and schooling.
cutting edge system is a flexible, easily accessible platform that can
be adapted to various educational and community needs. If you want to
minimise stress, save time, money and reduce the workload, then look no
further. There's an abundance of teaching resources, with activities for
students including literacy activities, language learning activities,
Aboriginal history, culture and art, and other materials to support
Sharing Culture Online is designed to:
Develop literacy and numeracy skills;
- Support teachers with a variety of easily accessible, authentic and culturally appropriate teaching and learning tools;
- Offer a platform for communities, in partnership with their schools, to record culture and history in a local context;
- Develop skills and opportunities for culturally and linguistically diverse groups;
- Provide resources to help schools address COAG national targets on Closing The Gap;
- Enhance student engagement, encourage self directed learning and build self esteem;
- Incorporate Indigenous Perspectives and Information Communication Technologies (ICT’s) into everyday teaching and learning;
- Develop cultural awareness and encourage students to value the knowledge of Indigenous people and cultures;
- Offer a safe keeping place to record and store data with several layers of password protection to suit individual needs;
- Support some of the training needs of Indigenous adults.
Sharing Culture Online for Teachers
Sharing Culture Online
easily embeds Indigenous perspectives into everyday teaching and
learning. As a teacher, you’ll have access to practical resources that
can be used to compliment the units of work that you are delivering to
students. Sharing Culture Online will continually be adapted to support the new Australian Curriculum.
We’ll continue to provide tools to take the stress out and make it very easy for you. Sharing Culture Online
is the ideal tool to support a wide variety of educational needs,
helping to minimise time, dollars and effort needed to produce
astounding results in students.
control student accounts and monitor their progress and outcomes. You
will receive ongoing support and have 24 hour access to the Teacher
Resources which include a comprehensive range of printable worksheets
and books for both the teachers and the students. It so easy to use,
just click and print.
The Teacher Resources includes:
- Sharing Culture Teachers Handbook with over 1000 activity ideas based on Blooms and Gardners Taxonomies;
- Sharing Culture Online Student Workbook to support students with lessons including step-by-step instructions on producing digital books, jigsaw puzzles, facts and the dictionary, self checks and evaluation;
- A General Guide to Working with Aboriginal Students;
- Cut and paste collage sheets;
- Dot to dot activities;
- Aboriginal language maps;
- Colouring-in sheets;
- Word find activities;
- Yolngu Fact sheets;
- Access to other support materials including a forum, how-to videos, help documentation with step by step instructions and more;
- Plus free updates with more features continually being added.
Sharing Culture Online for Students
Sharing Culture Online
captivates students in a stimulating, interactive environment, with a
wealth of information and knowledge contained in the site provided from a
variety of sources. It is through this that students will easily
become motivated and engaged in learning.
There are several customisable areas that allow students to
personalise their site, they can work alone, in groups or with local
Indigenous and other community members to produce their own resources as
well as exploring those produced by other people and communities.
can use their own photos or use the built in image library to easily
produce a variety of fun and interactive digital activities including:
- Talking Story Books: produce your own digital talking story books in one language or two, which can then be printed to promote literacy;
- Talking Dictionary: compile your own interactive talking picture dictionary;
- Jigsaw Puzzles: turn your own photos and drawings into digital jigsaw puzzles;
- Mini website of Facts: research topics and compile the information to create a mini-website with facts sheets;
- Image Library: Use the built in images or upload your own photos to personalise your books, dictionary, facts and jigsaws.
All of these localised resources are displayed in an area full of fun and engaging activities including:
||Mini website of Facts
- Memory Game - A favorite with children using Australian themes;
- Tribal Life - Choose different landscapes and drag and drop people, plants and animals to create a scene;
- Music - Click the different traditional sounds to create music sequences;
- Colouring In - Using the mouse, children can click on the colour and drop it on the pictures to colour in the traditional animal designs;
- Puzzles - Ideal for young children, match the different shapes in the form of animals, plants and people;
- Dress ups - Dress the people in traditional and contemporary clothing;
- Explore the Aboriginal language map and get an understanding of how
many different Aboriginal languages and cultures exist in Australia;
- Painting - select different Aboriginal designs and trace over them with the mouse, or create your own.
| Colouring In
| Dress Ups
| Language Map
| Memory Game
With Sharing Culture Online students easily become motivated and engaged in learning and can:
immediately - Add content and commence recording and storing multiple
words, images and stories etc.. As well as exploring content from other
- Develop and enhance literacy and numeracy skills;
- Produce their own interactive resources and explore those that have been developed by others;
- Have 24 hour access at both school and home, encouraging interaction between students and their families;
- Enrich their vocabulary and comprehension as students can hear and read words in context;
- Gain instant rewards and satisfaction as work is immediately viewable in the “My Culture” area;
- Customise and add content to suit individual needs and class requirements;
- Work through the materials at their own pace and are assisted by an on-line support centre;
learn and analyse languages and cultures from other communities and gain
more understanding of the diversity of Australian cultures;
those not living on country or with families i.e. in boarding schools,
foster care etc.., to stay connected with their culture;
transform written dictionaries, books and other records into digital
resources that can be continually added to and kept updated.
We invite you to come on a cyber journey of learning about
different cultures. Join our exciting on-line learning community and
experience 24 hour, 7 days a week access to Australian Cultures like
you’ve never seen before.
Sharing Culture Online
makes it affordable to learn some of the ancient knowledge of this
country. You will gain immediate access to knowledge and language from
some of the most remote communities in Australia, starting with the
Yolngu of North East Arnhem Land. Sharing Culture Online offers
outstanding value particularly when compared to the costs of travelling
to remote Aboriginal communities which can easily cost thousands of
dollars per person. Now you can experience some of the language, stories
and knowledge of the oldest living culture in the world.
Sharing Culture Online Prices
Standard Annual Licence - $99
Parents can purchase a standard licence directly over the
internet for their individual children for $99, this works out to less
than $2 per week. Sign Up Here
|Annual Licences when purchased through Schools - $40 (ex GST) per student
Schools can purchase an
annual licence on behalf of their students for less than $1 per week (a minimum of 5 students).
This gives schools a heavily discounted price of more than 50% off the
standard price per single user.
order using the button to the side and pay
instantly. Just type in the amount of licences you
require and follow the steps. Each student will
require their own account, so please make sure you order enough licences
for each student. Alternatively you can contact us to discuss your requirements and we can invoice your school.
The school licence also entitles teachers to free use of the
Teacher Resources area which contain a huge range of printable materials
including templates, guides, handbooks, workbooks and much more. These
materials provide enormous benefits to teachers and reduce the workload. All licences provide 24 hour access to Sharing Culture Online.
|This product is unavailable or out of stock.|