What to do in atherton tablelands?
Last Update: May 27, 2022
This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got the complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested!Asked by: Miss Eliza Lindgren
Score: 5/5 (8 votes)
Atherton is a rural town and locality in the Tablelands Region, Queensland, Australia. In the 2016 census, Atherton had a population of 7,331 people.
What is Atherton Tablelands known for?
More things to do in Atherton Tablelands
Known as the "Village in the Rainforest", it offers wildlife attractions including the Koala Gardens, Butterfly Sanctuary and Rainforestation, as well as markets, quaint cafes and boutiques to explore.
What activities would you suggest to clients visiting Atherton Tablelands?
- Cheese, cheese and more cheese. Indulge on biodynamic organic cheese at Mungalli Creek Dairy. ...
- To market, to market. The Yungaburra Markets are the biggest on the Atherton Tablelands. ...
- Temple time. ...
- Water, water everywhere. ...
- Bean there. ...
- Eat treats. ...
- Sleep out in style.
Is Atherton worth visiting?
Atherton Tablelands may not be as popular or crowded of a destination like Daintree National Park is, but that's exactly what makes it so special. If you love amazing natural sights, local produce, and are excited to spot some unique Australian wildlife, Atherton Tablelands is a place worth visiting!
What is there to do in Atherton today?
- The Crystal Caves. 484. ...
- The Bat Hospital Visitor Centre. 201. ...
- Atherton Tablelands. Nature & Wildlife Areas. ...
- Lake Tinaroo. 119. ...
- Nandroya Falls. Waterfalls. ...
- Shaylee Strawberries. Farms. ...
- Hasties Swamp National Park. National Parks • Parks. ...
- Mount Baldy. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
Atherton Tablelands, Craters and Creatures - Cairns Region, Queensland, Australia
Is Mareeba worth visiting?
Mareeba is known for its coffee plantations. ... CoffeeWorks offer taste testing of coffee, tea and chocolate and has a large museum housing coffee machines from the last 50 or so years. They are all worth a visit.
What shops are in Atherton?
- The Crystal Caves. 484. ...
- Humpy Nut World. Farmers Markets. ...
- Atherton Antiques and Australiana. Antique Shops.
- Tablelands Regional Gallery. Art Galleries.
- The Animal Welfare Shop. Speciality & Gift Shops.
- Atherton Main Street. Shopping Malls.
- Antiques At Ambassador. Speciality & Gift Shops • Antique Shops. ...
- Memories n More.
What are the Atherton Tablelands?
Starting just south-west of Cairns and rising more than 700m above sea level, the Atherton Tablelands is a lush, fertile region of rainforest, wetland and savannah.
Why is it called Atherton Tablelands?
Origin of Name
Both Atherton, the town, and the Atherton Tablelands were named after John Atherton, a remarkable early settler who, in 1857 when he was only twenty, overlanded sheep from the New England area of NSW to Rockhampton. He moved to the area in the late 1870s.
How much is a taxi from Cairns to Port Douglas?
The quickest way to get from Cairns to Port Douglas is to taxi which costs $170 - $210 and takes 58 min.
Are there crocodiles in Atherton Tablelands?
Andrew Mazgay's cane farm at Bibhoora, on the Atherton Tablelands, is not known saltie territory. It is 65 kilometres west of the coast and almost 400 metres above sea level. However, Mr Mazgay said he spots several crocs on a daily basis. "They're all about 1.2 metres long and I'm just watching one now," he said.
What is the population of Atherton?
People — demographics & education
In the 2016 Census, there were 7,331 people in Atherton (State Suburbs). Of these 47.4% were male and 52.6% were female. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people made up 9.8% of the population. The median age of people in Atherton (State Suburbs) was 45 years.
Where is Atherton in the US?
Atherton is an idyllic town located on the San Francisco Peninsula, where even modest homes go for millions of dollars. And, with an average household income over $450,000, it is the wealthiest town in America for the third year in a row, according to the Bloomberg Richest Places index.
Which is bigger Atherton or Mareeba?
Towns. Atherton and Mareeba are the largest towns in the area.
Is Atherton Tablelands a good place to live?
"A great town with fabulous free activities"
The locals are friendly & welcoming. There are lots of natural FREE attractions, such as lakes & rainforest AND close to Cairns & an international & domestic airport. FNQ gets hot & sticky in summer, but Atherton is 3 to 5 degrees cooler than Cairns, plus less humid.
Who are the traditional owners of Atherton?
The wadjanbarra Yidi are the traditional custodians of the low lying forest area between the mountains on the Atherton tablelands. The name wadjan means forest and barra people belonging to, as spoken in the Yidiny language.
How were the Atherton Tablelands formed?
From about seven million years ago, vast amounts of lava flowed from a number of shield volcanoes over the Atherton Tableland and other parts of the Wet Tropics landscape. The lava cooled to form a dense layer of basalt.
What shops are in Mareeba?
- A Touch Of Country. More info. ...
- Clover Lawn & Garden Care. Open until 5:00pm. ...
- James' Interior & Exterior Cleaning. Open until 5:00pm. ...
- Abelia Cleaning. 4.0. ...
- Sam's Carpet Steam Cleaners. 4.2. ...
- Clean Care Cairns. Open 24 hours. ...
- Colin's Carpet Care. Open until 5:00pm. ...
- Gemini Cleaners. Open until 5:00pm.
How do I get from Cairns to Kuranda?
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Cairns station station and arriving at Kuranda station station. Services depart twice daily, and operate every day. The journey takes approximately 1h 55m.
Why is Atherton so wealthy?
In a state where land is expensive and housing is scarce, the town's zoning and one acre-lot requirement has all but guaranteed that only the wealthy can afford to build and live in Atherton.
Is Atherton the most expensive city in the US?
The country's most expensive neighborhood was far and away the posh Silicon Valley suburb of Atherton, California. With its $7 million median sale price, Atherton was crowned the country's priciest ZIP code for the fourth year in a row.
Is Atherton The most expensive city?
- A new report lists Atherton with the most expensive home prices in the region, with the median price for a home hitting $6,350,000 in 2020. ... The high cost of housing in the exclusive, upscale Peninsula town may not be a big surprise to many, as year after year, Atherton has been named the priciest zip code in the U.S.
Does Atherton come Bolton?
Following a review of parliamentary representation in Greater Manchester, Atherton is part of the Bolton West Parliamentary constituency. It is the only ward in the borough to be represented outside a Wigan borough seat (the remainder of the borough is represented by Leigh, Makerfield or Wigan).