What is a double bass drum pedal?
Last Update: May 27, 2022
This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got the complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested!Asked by: Rosetta Ritchie
Score: 4.9/5 (38 votes)
A double bass drum pedal operates much the same way only with a second footplate controlling a second beater on the same drum. Most commonly this is attached by a shaft to a remote beater mechanism alongside the primary pedal mechanism.
Do you need a double bass pedal?
You'll need a double pedal to make it work. It also has a lot to do with mental coordination. When your feet are working double-time, it's difficult to make your hands independent. So, you're going to be limited to some basic double-bass songs if you're working with a single bass and single pedal.
Why do drummers use 2 bass drums?
For those who are considering heading into the studio, consider bringing in a double bass drum kit. When you mic up each bass drum individually, you will get a much richer and cleaner sound that you can isolate a lot easier than if you were recording all with one mic on one bass drum. Definitely a pro for recording!
What is the bass drum pedal?
The bass drum pedal (often referred to as the kick drum pedal) is the mechanical device that connects your foot to one of the most exhilarating drums to play - the bass drum!
What is the most popular bass drum pedal?
- Tama Speed Cobra bass drum pedal. ...
- DW 9000 bass drum pedal. ...
- Trick Pro 1-V bass drum pedal. ...
- Pearl Eliminator Redline. ...
- Sonor Perfect Balance Standard bass drum pedal. ...
- Mapex Falcon bass drum pedals. Let your feet take flight. ...
- Ludwig Speed Flyer bass drum pedal. Hail to the King. ...
- PDP Concept bass drum pedal. Be quiet and drive.
Double Bass Pedal VS Single Bass Pedal (Which Is Better?) - Drum Beats Online
What double bass pedal should I get?
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners. ...
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers. ...
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features. ...
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
19) were most likely owned by Peart, but were not used with this particular drum kit (Peart used a Yamaha double-bass pedal and Camco single pedal). Once Peart switched to DW pedals, he used the 9000 series bass drum pedals. ... (Peart has said in many interviews that this is the most-asked about item on his drum kit.)
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Are double kick pedals worth it?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you're playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
How important is the bass drum?
It is probably the most important instrument in the band because of the power it possesses to direct the entire ensemble. Everyone listens to the bass drum—and follows it. This means you have incredible power over the music—and you have an incredible responsibility.
How do double kick pedals work?
This feat in pedal technology works just like a regular pedal except that a second base plate is attached by a rod to a separate beater mechanism, which operates alongside the primary beater. Like earlier double bass setups, double pedals require both feet to operate.
How long does it take to get good at double bass drum?
The question of playing double bass is subjective also. To play single strokes(1/8's, 1/16's or 1/8 note triplets) with (1/4's, 1/8's, 1/16's on the ride hand) and 2 and 4 on the snare or quads around the drums(2 hands, 2 feet)could probably be done in 3-6 months of consistent daily practice?
Who is the best drummer alive today?
- Aric Improta, Fever 333. FEVER 333. ...
- Rufus Taylor, The Darkness. The Darkness. ...
- Jon Beavis – IDLES. BBC Music. ...
- Scott Phillips, Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge. ...
- Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters. ...
- Sebastian Thomson, Baroness. ...
- Travis Barker, Blink-182. ...
- Eddy Thrower – Lower Than Atlantis/Busted.
Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
There are other products like a drum ring that fits around the batter head of the bass drum to control the sound. ... Try placing one pillow or blanket resting on the bottom of the drum. This way you get bit more control of the air flow, as well as the resonance on the drum head without killing the sound.
Who is the fastest drummer of all time?
Extreme sport drummer Tom Grosset has smashed the record for world's fastest drummer with a remarkable performance in which he he produces 20 beats per second to rack up a total of 1,208 in just 60 seconds.
Did Bill Ward use double bass?
Sabbath played slow, sludgy tempos, and drummer Bill Ward hardly played many double bass beats in songs.
Who was the first drummer to use double bass?
The first person to use and popularize the double bass drum setup was jazz drummer Louie Bellson, who came up with the idea when he was still in high school.
What should I look for in a double kick pedal?
Playing around with your pedals should be easy and quick, and not require much elbow grease or force. Make sure you can easily change the spring tension, the height of the beater, and the distance between each pedal. One obvious thing to look for in a bass drum pedal is the feel of it.
What is the best Iron Cobra double pedal?
When we compare their features, the Tama Iron Cobra 200 double pedal is our top pick for those on a budget. If you have the budget, the DW 9000 Double Bass Pedal is a fantastic choice for pro drummers.