Does the word quickness mean?
Last Update: May 27, 2022
This is a question our experts keep getting from time to time. Now, we have got the complete detailed explanation and answer for everyone, who is interested!Asked by: Sheila Gislason
Score: 4.5/5 (61 votes)
A quality of moving fast, physically or mentally, is quickness. ... Quickness is almost always a positive attribute, whether it's the quickness of a cornerback on a football field or an improv comic's quickness of phrase.
What is the same meaning of quickness?
quicknessnoun. Synonyms: celerity, expedition, velocity, speed, speediness, fleetness, rapidity, swiftness, despatch.
Is quickness a adverb?
Quick is an adjective and the adverb form is quickly. ... Fast and quickly are adverbs.
What is the opposite of quickness?
Opposite of the state, quality, or property of being fast or quick. slowness. sluggishness. slowing. delay.
How do you use quickness in a sentence?
(1) The quickness of the hand deceives the eye. (2) She was known for the quickness of her wit. (3) He amazes me with his quickness and eagerness to learn. (5) All this quickness of mind, all her decisiveness had turned to mush when Mac came on the scene.
What does quickness mean?
What does a swiftness mean?
1 : the quality or state of being swift : celerity. 2 : the fact of being swift.
Is Expeditiousness a word?
The state of being expeditious; celerity, rapidity or speed.
What is the difference between agility and quickness?
Agility is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and quickly change directions with proper posture. Quickness is the ability to react and change body position with a maximum rate of force production (1).
What is the verb of quickness?
(transitive) To make quicker; to hasten, speed up.
What type of word is quickness?
1. Rapidness of movement or activity: celerity, dispatch, expedition, expeditiousness, fleetness, haste, hurry, hustle, rapidity, rapidness, speed, speediness, swiftness.
Is there such a word as quicker?
"Quicker" and "more quickly" are both acceptable comparative forms of the adverb "quickly." However, as some of your grammar-savvy readers might think "quicker" is an error or too informal, you should opt for "more quickly" (unless your writing would really benefit from the flow of text offered by "quicker").
What are 4 other words to describe overwhelmed?
- grind (down),
What is another word for slowness?
In this page you can discover 26 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for slowness, like: drowsiness, inactivity, feebleness, impotence, indifference, stupidity, weakness, deliberation, deliberateness, unhurriedness and retardation.
How do you use the word quick?
- [S] [T] May I ask a quick question? ( CK)
- [S] [T] She is quick at everything. ( CK)
- [S] [T] We took the quickest route. ( CK)
- [S] [T] We will take a quick break. ( ...
- [S] [T] He is quick to take offense. ( ...
- [S] [T] He's quick in his movements. ...
- [S] [T] Tom gave Mary a quick smile. ( ...
- [S] [T] Tom has a very quick temper. (
Is promptness a word?
Promptness is a quality of arriving quickly or exactly when you're supposed to. German trains, which tend to pull into the station at the exact scheduled time, are famous for their promptness. When someone compliments your promptness, they're either admiring your tendency to act immediately or your punctuality.
What does the word quick mean in Old English?
That's right: quick originally meant "not dead"—that is, "living, alive."
Is agility and footwork the same?
In simple terms, agility is the ability of an individual to quickly change their body position or the direction of the body. ... One of the most common ways to train agility is footwork drills. The following footwork drills only need an agility ladder, three cones and a med ball.
How do you train for quickness?
- Ensure your client warms up properly before the drill.
- Proper movement patterns are essential. Work on proper movement and then speed it up.
- Always start in an athletic stance position. ...
- Consistency and repetition are important in developing quickness.
What are the examples of agility?
- Lateral Plyometric Jumps. Lateral plyometric jumps help build explosive power, balance, and coordination by using our natural body weight. ...
- Forward Running, High-Knee Drills. ...
- Lateral Running, Side-to-Side Drills. ...
- Dot Drills. ...
- Jump Box Drills. ...
- L Drills. ...
- Plyometric Agility Drill. ...
- Shuttle Runs.
What does expediently mean?
1 : suitable for achieving a particular end in a given circumstance. 2 : characterized by concern with what is opportune especially : governed by self-interest. expedient. noun. ex·pe·di·ent | \ ik-ˈspē-dē-ənt \
What is a meteoric?
1a : of or relating to a meteor. b : resembling a meteor in speed or in sudden and temporary brilliance a meteoric rise to fame. 2 : of, relating to, or derived from the earth's atmosphere meteoric water. Other Words from meteoric More Example Sentences Learn More About meteoric.
What is another word for expeditiously?
Some common synonyms of expeditious are fast, fleet, hasty, quick, rapid, speedy, and swift. While all these words mean "moving, proceeding, or acting with celerity," expeditious suggests efficiency together with rapidity of accomplishment.
What does immediacy mean in English?
1 : the quality or state of being immediate. 2 : something that is immediate —usually used in plural.
What does inroads mean in English?
1 : an advance or penetration often at the expense of someone or something —usually used in plural. 2 : a sudden hostile incursion : raid.